Dr. Casey Reason, President & CEO
Casey Reason has worked with leaders from all over the world on breakthrough leadership strategies designed to improve performance and overcome resistance to change. In 2003, Casey started his first company, Highpoint Learning, providing specialized consulting and development work in instructional design. Highpoint Learning grew into what is known today as Casey Reason Companies (CRC) with employees and corporate partners working in multiple national and international locations. Casey has dedicated his career to helping organizations and the people who work within them develop passionately engaged teams by directly tying his message to each group’s specific leadership challenges.
- Over ten years of speaking, keynoting, training and consulting experience with clients all over the world. See Casey’s You Tube Channel today!
- Author of multiple books. See “books” section for details.
- Author in 2009 of a Phi Delta Kappen International book of the year.
- His book Leading a Learning Organization was endorsed by bestselling author Dr. Ken Blanchard.
- Recipient of a 2010 design of the year award by Blackboard International Inc.
- An article regarding Casey’s work was written up in Forbes.com in Summer 2010.
- Lead designer for over 50 masters and doctoral level courses written for fully accredited higher education institutions.
- As Chair for the Doctoral Program in Leadership Studies had the chance to work directly with Dr. Ken Blanchard and the Ken Blanchard College of Business. Oversaw the successful growth in the program from 50 students to over 1500.
- As principal of one of the largest, urban high schools in the state of Ohio oversaw improvements that including going from a rating of academic emergency to receiving a special commendation from the state of Ohio for dramatic turn-around in student performance.
Education & Training:
Dr. Reason earned a Ph.D. from Bowling Green State University after writing a thesis on transformational leadership practices. He also holds a bachelors in English, and both a Masters and a post-masters Specialist degree in Education. These academic experiences have allowed him to excel as a writer, leadership scholar and theorist, and expert in the areas of learning, training, and instructional design.
Casey Reason, PhD, has worked with leaders from all over the world on breakthrough strategies designed to improve performance and overcome resistance to change. His first book, Leading a Learning Organization: The Science of Working With Others was endorsed by the best-selling author of the One Minute Manager, Dr. Ken Blanchard. Several years ago, he and Dr. Blanchard co-facilitated a three-hour leadership training session entitled, Leading at a Higher Level. Casey has worked with public and private schools all over the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Switzerland. He’s also consulted with numerous large, corporate clients including American Express and General Dynamics. He currently is a featured leadership scholar and on the Executive MBA Advisory Board for Colorado Tech University. He’s also is currently serving as the core content curriculum manager for the Graduate School for Educational Administration program at Trine University in Angola, Indiana.
Dr. Reason’s easily applied approaches are founded on the emerging body of research in brain science and adult learning theory. In addition to leadership consulting and research, Dr. Reason’s company specializes in curriculum development, training and instructional design. He has developed more than 50 graduate and doctoral-level distance learning courses since 2003. His company’s excellence in instructional design was featured in an article in the 2010 summer issue of Forbes.com. Furthermore, Casey’s consulting company, HighPoint Learning, earned a Blackboard International course design of the year award for their work in designing innovative virtual leadership training content for an international client.
Earlier in Dr. Reason’s career he was a web content developer for Laureate Learning Inc, and the Chair for Doctoral Leadership Studies at Grand Canyon University. At age 30, Dr. Reason became the principal of Whitmer High School, one of the largest urban schools in Ohio. At the time their school was rated by the state as being in Academic Emergency. Using innovative leadership and reform strategies based on collaborative learning communities, the Whitmer staff accomplished an impressive turnaround in student achievement and behavior, receiving a special commendation for rapid growth and improvement from the Ohio Department of Education. Dr. Reason later applied these principles at the district level as an Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Services in Northville, Michigan.
In 2011 Casey wrote Mirror Images: New Reflections on Teacher Leadership for Corwin Press which was endorsed by Dr. Charlotte Danielson and 100 Days to Leadership Impact for Triple Nickel Press.
Dr. Reason earned a Ph.D. from Bowling Green State University in lives with his sons Brice and Kiah in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Awards & Recognitions
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, University of Toledo (2011) – Casey was welcomed back to the University of Toledo in the Spring of 2011 as the Distinguished Alumnus Award Winner for 2011. Conducted a book signing, led several community lectures, and held a Q and A with doctoral students and local scholars on the topic of leadership an innovation today.
- Online Educator of the Year Finalist (2011) – Casey was formally honored by Colorado Technical University as a finalist for the 2011 Educator of the Year from a pool of 5,000full and part-time instructors. In addition to a cash award was recognition at a dinner in Chicago and was flown back for a later visit with the CEO and his cabinet to provide best practices on the role of online teaching and learning.
- Phi Delta Kappa International Book of the Year Honor (2010) – Awarded Phi Delta Kappa, International’s book of the year selection for 2010 for Leading a Learning Organization: The Science of Working With Others.
- Blackboard Exemplary Course Program Award (2010) – Honored by Blackboard for excelling in industry best practices in eLearning as a Subject Matter Expert in the course design of Capella University’s ELM8100, Foundations of Enterprise Leadership and Management.
- Kappa Delta Pi Member (2009) – Was invited to be a member of this International Honor Society in Education for academic excellence in administration.
- Grand Canyon University Leadership Award Recipient (2009) – Earned Grand Canyon University’s top award for leadership and profitability. Honored at the GCU Summer Leadership Summit for being in the top 15% for leadership and profitability.
- Dan Douglas Scholarship Award Winner (1999) – Awarded the 1999 Dan Douglas research award through Bowling Green State University for outstanding scholarly performance and leadership potential.
- BGSU Educational Administration Department Scholarship (1995) – Earned a full scholarship during the summer of 1995 (15 credit hours) for outstanding academic performance.